Our communication channels are open at all times. We communicate with parents:
- via email: to teachers, administration, therapists and counseling. This is done through school email, and our website.
- in person: parents are always welcome to make appointments and come in to see us for a meeting
- weekly newsletters: sent every Friday
- school website: for general information, email contacts, homework and class news
- by phone – directly with any of the staff members (within the constraints of their duty to teach, and to manage the classrooms and students)
- IEP meetings
We communicate with parents if there is a problem. We are open to parents communication with us if there is a problem. Administration feels we are always open and receptive, however, if parents feel, AFTER communicating with us, they are not satisfied – there is an appeals process.
|Who do I contact?|
PrincipalHigh School – Regular/Adapted Curriculum
Vice PrincipalAll Elementary
Charity DirectorHigh school – Modified
Educational Psychology MA for programming
Taught both Elementary and Secondary
Aware of College Transitions
Works with Graham Galette on Transitions
Develops High School Programming
Does all High School course blocking
Taught Special Education
Elementary Resource Teacher
Vision teacher – MA
Special Education Trained
Excellent knowledge of Modifications and Adaptations
Therapy Based modifications
Develops Elementary Programming
Delivers / Monitors FSA
Therapy Focused Programming
Co-ordinates Therapy Staff
Professional Development of SEA Staff
|However, if one of these Administrators is not available, any of the above can help you.
In addition, if you feel more comfortable with one Administrator, please feel free to use them as your contact.
The Appeals process is available as an Adobe PDF document.