Our communication channels are open at all times. We communicate with parents:
- via email: to teachers, administration, therapists and counseling. This is done through school email, and our website.
- in person: parents are always welcome to make appointments and come in to see us for a meeting
- weekly newsletters: sent every Friday
- school website: for general information, email contacts, homework and class news
- by phone – directly with any of the staff members (within the constraints of their duty to teach, and to manage the classrooms and students)
- IEP meetings
We communicate with parents if there is a problem. We are open to parents communication with us if there is a problem. Administration feels we are always open and receptive, however, if parents feel, AFTER communicating with us, they are not satisfied – there is an appeals process.
The 2019 administrative flow chart is available here (as an Adobe Reader file). We do recommend that, if you have concerns, you contact the principal, or vice principal, in charge of your child’s grade; they will be most in touch with what’s going on in that classroom. Elementary grades would be handled by Vice Principal Margot White; high school by the Principal, Kathleen Jeffrey.
The Appeals process is available as an Adobe PDF document.