The MLA PAC is the school’s parent organization. Typically they meet on a Tuesday evening – usually the first or second Tuesday in the month – at 7pm. Occasionally the meeting is at 6pm. The school office will email out PAC meeting reminders and times to the parents about 1 week before the meeting date. Information will also be posted on our parent board in the front hall.
ALL parents are welcome to come to PAC meetings. The principal attends to receive updates and information from the PAC and see how the school can support the PAC. The PAC itself chooses its meeting dates and events and fundraisers. The PAC applies for Gaming money and GST rebates and has accounts which are monitored and accounted for by the treasurer ( a banker herself) to the parent group.
The key PAC contacts are as follows:
- Chair: Sally Comin
- Treasurer: Anita Andreychuk
- Secretary: Melisa Chow
- Hot Lunch Coordinators: Denise Pickard
- Earthquake Preparedness: Alisa Hutton
How can you help?
The PAC needs help with the following:
- hot lunches 1 time a month (buying, serving, organizing, counting money, ordering, driving)
- fundraisers (counting money, placing orders etc) – coffee was the main one this year
- welcome back BBQ in September (this upcoming year – September 17, 2010)
- teachers tea in June
- Bake sales (approx. 2x a year)
- grad purchase of items (grades 7 and 12) – June (this year June 6th is grad)
- emergency preparedness ( earthquake) organization and supplies
- Campbell’s soup labels – counting them!
- Santa Pancake breakfast – last day of school in December
- helping to acquire auction items (School auction is the last Friday in November each year)
- Hot dogs for Sports Day in July
They welcome any help that you may give.